New York, NY • Full-time
Category: Data Strategy
Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning fintech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’ve doubled in size our first year and doubled the asset classes we serve in our second. As a cloud-based company, we transitioned seamlessly into a socially-distanced workforce in recent months, and with a pace that hasn’t slowed, we’re still hiring and are currently on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our remotely connected team.
We are looking for outstanding Data Engineers to join our New York-based team who can help build the infrastructure to make data a central part of SIMON. Data driven decisions are very critical for SIMON, as a result, we are looking for engineers that will not only be able to use the data but also understand it and help make actionable decisions. Data Engineers quickly grasp complex and fluid business problems and solve them with robust and creative analyses after having built highly-performant and highly scalable infrastructure to warehouse the data. If you love using the latest technologies, working on creative software projects, and/or thinking about innovative new business plans in your spare time, read on.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- Leverage open-source technologies and cloud solutions to build elegant features that SIMON platform users love
- Develop and automate large scale, high-performance data platform infrastructure to drive SIMON business growth and enable data-driven organization
- Design and develop reusable components and frameworks for ingestion, cleansing, and data quality
- Streamline the ingestion of raw data from various sources into our Data Lake and Data Warehouse
- Design data models for optimal storage and retrieval that represent the product entities and meet business requirements
- Coordinate closely with sales and product development teams daily to push SIMON’s FinTech strategy and improve the overall profitability of our
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative area or related field
- 1–4 years of experience with open-source technologies or object-oriented/functional programming, strong ability to write easy-to-scale, high-quality code
- Experienced in at least 1 numeric research framework (python/pandas, R/Splus, Octave/Matlab)
- Familiarity with OLAP (Redshift, Snowflake) and OLTP (PostgreSQL, MongoDB) databases.
- Familiarity with various database designs (Relational, Columnar, NoSQL)
- Some background in probability/statistics
- Detail-oriented, ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently while also being a strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Passionate about programming and cutting-edge technologies
- Master’s or Ph.D. Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related field
- Professional experience with Python and JVM based languages such as Scala, Java, and Kotlin
- Experience building data-pipelines, data-lakes and data warehouses.
- Good knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments
- Experience with AWS solutions such as Lambda, S3, Kinesis, ElastiCache
- Familiarity with AWS and infrastructure-as-code (terraform or cloud formation)
- Full-time or internship experience as a data engineer in the financial technology industry is a plus
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in the heart of New York City’s Chelsea district.
SIMON Markets is a fast-growing and award-winning FinTech company, on the lookout for smart, collaborative talent to join our team.
Originally founded within Goldman Sachs, SIMON Markets LLC spun-out in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions. Our team works to build transparency around complex, risk-managed financial products by way of a single, modern platform. Our platform provides financial advisors with access to multi-issuer solutions, a depth of educational tools, and advanced post-trade analysis that hasn’t before been possible.
By combining state-of-the art technology with the leadership of niche industry experts and an agile start-up mentality, SIMON is well-positioned to reshape our industry. We are leading the way in a space we helped create, we are passionate about pushing boundaries, and we are growing like crazy.
No matter which part of the team you join, there is something interesting to work on. Our front-end team is building out our web and mobile presence using React, Redux, and Webpack along with some very sophisticated data visualizations. Our back-end team is using Scala, Akka, Postgres and other open-source technologies to build a micro-services architecture that can scale to handle our ambitious roadmap. Our quantitative engineering team is researching and building novel financial strategies to widen our competitive advantage. Our dev-ops team is creating a development and production environment with Docker and Kubernetes to keep us nimble.