Digital Content Specialist
New York, NY • Full-time
Category: Marketing & Communications
Experience: Some Experience
Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning fintech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’ve doubled in size our first year and doubled the asset classes we serve in our second. As a cloud-based company, we transitioned seamlessly into a socially-distanced workforce in recent months, and with a pace that hasn’t slowed, we’re still hiring and are currently on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our remotely connected team.
We are looking for a passionate, strategically and conceptually strong Digital Content Specialist to lead all aspects of multimedia storytelling and support a thriving brand across our corporate website, main social media handle, and other digital channels. As our Digital Content Specialist, you will rethink the status quo and apply your journalistic skillset and marketing experience to industry-leading, beautifully designed communications. Driving the end-to-end editorial process from ideation, writing, editing, fact-checking, and proofreading for all digital content, you will ensure content is optimized for each channel with the appropriate branded voice and brand attributes. You will collaborate closely with our UX Product Writer as well as key stake holders on the Digital Experience/Research/Product/Legal teams to keep content fresh, overseeing quality assurance, and maintaining channel content schedules to effectively track content produced by different teams.
This role is critical to supporting the innovations behind SIMON’s brand by integrating closely with a team of high performers. Candidates must be motivated to modernize campaign practices with work behind-the-scenes—both independently and within a team environment—to seamlessly execute on deliverables. Taking initiative, attention to detail, sound decision making, time-management, and the ability to respectfully manage up are requisite skills for all SIMON employees, and particularly important for this position. Strong candidates must be bright, energetic, highly disciplined, flexible to the growing needs of a startup, and excited to work in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented, entrepreneurial environment.
- Lead all aspects of content development for corporate website, main social media handle, and other digital channels, based on in-depth audience metrics and market understanding
- Transform concepts into effective storytelling narratives, including researching, sourcing, and annotating projects, while critically evaluating your own work
- Deliver persuasive, educational, and promotional messaging optimized for each digital channel with appropriate branded voice and brand attributes
- Build and maintain effective editorial schedules and build on process to track cross-team content production
- Maintain schedules and budgets efficiently to ensure on-time completion of all jobs within budget constraints
- Multi-task across simultaneous projects and deadlines, collaborating with appropriate team members
- Facilitate brainstorms - towing the line between creative expression and brand realities
- Demonstrate creative thought leadership, keeping ahead of trends and providing proactive inspiration and recommendations that give SIMON a competitive edge in a rapidly evolving FinTech industry
- 3-5+ years of editorial and digital experience at an agency, studio, or in-house
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, journalism, communications, strategic marketing, or related field
- Digitally savvy and experienced: familiar with popular and emerging social platforms and channels, strong awareness of trends in culture, finance, technology, and communications, and a demonstrated comfort level working with data, metrics, and emerging technologies
- Superior conceptual, verbal, and written storytelling skills; an expressive range in voice and tone
- Familiarity with AP style/editorial best practices and excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Excellent attention to detail, project management, and time-management skills
- Individual contributor with ability to cultivate strong relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders in person and via email, slack, and other forms of communications
- Honest, high level of work ethic and integrity, assertive, and possesses a strong desire to succeed
- Portfolio showing strong strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Financial, digital agency, or similar industry experience
- Track record of managing multiple projects on schedule in a newsroom-like environment
- Visually inclined and experience with creative design suites
- Familiarity and intellectual curiosity about financial markets
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup working culture
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in the heart of New York City’s Chelsea district.
SIMON Markets is a fast-growing and award-winning FinTech company, on the lookout for smart, collaborative talent to join our team.
Originally founded within Goldman Sachs, SIMON Markets LLC spun-out in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions. Our team works to build transparency around complex, risk-managed financial products by way of a single, modern platform. Our platform provides financial advisors with access to multi-issuer solutions, a depth of educational tools, and advanced post-trade analysis that hasn’t before been possible.
By combining state-of-the art technology with the leadership of niche industry experts and an agile start-up mentality, SIMON is well-positioned to reshape our industry. We are leading the way in a space we helped create, we are passionate about pushing boundaries, and we are growing like crazy.